Securities, Principal Strategic Investments, Vice President, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Principal Strategic Investments ("PSI") team is a part of the Securities Division. The group makes long term strategic investments in fast growing technology companies that are uniquely positioned to benefit from a deeper business relationship with Goldman Sachs. PSI's primary investment focus areas are trading technology, market infrastructure, enterprise technology, information services, big data / advanced analytics software and security software. The global team is comprised of 20+ professionals that manage a portfolio of 80+ private equity positions with seven team members based in London. PSI helps to position Goldman Sachs for continued leadership in evolving marketplaces while increasing profitability and operating efficiencies across Goldman Sachs' businesses.
- Management of all aspects of the strategic investment process
- Sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities within PSI's areas of focus, including research, valuation, structuring, due diligence, negotiation and building of the investment case. PSI investments often include extensive collaboration with other banks
- Ongoing valuation, monitoring and maintenance of our portfolio companies
- Providing support for market structure-related projects. Pro-actively identifying new product opportunities while responding to external factors such as regulatory reform, technology innovation and competition
- Develop and maintain strong relationships both internally with GS leaders and with key external vendors, startups, venture capital funds and other market participants (including electronic trading, market data, research, distribution)
- Genuine interest in financial technology disruption, PSI's investment portfolio, capital markets and market structure
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with ability to work independently
- 6 years minimum experience within either a sales/trading, investment banking, research or VC/PE background (required)
- Strong analytical / valuation skills with strategic and creative thinking
- Understanding of capital markets across multiple asset classes and awareness of regulatory changes currently taking place
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability and willingness to work on a diverse set of projects at any given time
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top