Securities, Prime Services Strats/Client Analytics, Associate/Vice President, London
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a strategist who sits in the Securities Division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You may create cutting-edge derivative pricing models and empirical models to provide insight into market behavior, or develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients. You might be involved in analyzing exposures and structuring transactions to meet client needs, or involved in designing and developing complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms. Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems.
Our global team is a fundamental part of the Prime Brokerage and Clearing Services groups under the Prime Services umbrella within the Securities Division. We drive major business decisions and run business critical systems in the following areas:
- CLIENT ANALYTICS: Our client analytics strats are in charge of developing external and internal client performance metrics across various dimensions of the Prime Brokerage Business. These metrics are heavily relied on by senior management and drive many discussions between clients, sales, and strats to identify the best ways we can serve our clients' needs.
- STOCK LOAN & FUNDING: Our stock loan funding strats work side by side with the securities lending desk in conducting transactions and managing risk. In this entrepreneurial role, we build and maintain real-time and scalable trading, pricing, risk, inventory management and funding platforms.
- RISK: Our risk strats together with risk managers are responsible for developing and maintaining stress tests across asset classes and modelling of margin methodology and calculation of margin requirements. These state-of-the art models allow us to offer a wide range of financing solutions and risk-management models to help clients operate reliable in a variety of market conditions.
While organized in different teams and locations, we pride ourselves in our teamwork across the globe and teams to find solutions that help our business thrive around the world. Our team members have a wide variety of quantitative academic and cultural backgrounds. This diversity helps us to find innovative solutions for our complex business problems.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
If you are looking for a high impact position allowing you to fully leverage your strong quantitative and communication skills, then our Stock Loan Funding strat team is the ideal opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities will include developing models to evaluate cost of inventory and financing, building and maintaining securities lending trading, profit and loss estimation and risk management platforms; optimizing inventory; building tools for traders and senior management to visualize reports.
You will work closely with prime brokerage traders and global stock loan funding strat team. You will establish and build-on partnerships with colleagues across the Securities Division and the Finance Division. You will enjoy a widely scoped role that rewards multi-tasking, initiative and strong execution. You will not only have a direct impact on key revenue stream in Prime Services business but also have the chance to realize additional revenue opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic background in a relevant field - Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or Physics background, including a quantitative understanding of statistics and probability
- Strong programming skills in C, C++, Java, Python or equivalent language
- Ability to work as part of a global team and deliver results quickly
- Comfortable working on multiple projects, demonstrating initiative and showing commercial impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Financial Mathematics a plus
- Equities market experience
- At least 1 or more years of programming experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top