Securities, Prime Services Strats/Client Analytics, Analyst/Associate, London
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Our global team is a fundamental and critical part of the Prime Brokerage and Clearing Services groups under the Prime Services umbrella within the Securities Division. We drive major business decisions based on advanced analytics:
- Risk : Our risk strats together with risk managers are responsible for developing and maintaining stress tests across asset classes and modelling of margin methodology and calculation of margin requirements. These state-of-the art models allow us to offer a wide range of financing solutions and risk-management models to help clients operate reliable in a variety of market conditions.
- Stock Loan & Funding : Our stock loan funding strats work side by side with the securities lending desk in conducting transactions and managing risk. In this entrepreneurial role, we build and maintain real-time and scalable trading, pricing, risk, inventory management and funding platforms.
- Client Analytics : Our client analytics strats are in charge of developing external and internal client performance metrics across various dimensions of the Prime Services Business and recently across entire Equities Franchise. These metrics are heavily relied on by senior management and drive many discussions between clients, sales, and strats to identify the best ways we can serve our clients' needs.
While organized in different teams and locations, we pride ourselves in our teamwork across the globe and teams to find solutions that help our business thrive around the world. Our team members have a wide variety of quantitative academic and cultural backgrounds. This diversity helps us to find innovative solutions for our complex business problems.
As a front-office strategist joining a growing team you will be leveraging your strong quantitative and commercial skills to play an integral role on the trading floor. Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Client Analytics team is particularly concerned with creation/innovation of analytics to identify and optimize business opportunities. We focus on profitability metrics to share internally (with Senior Management, Sales, Traders) and externally (with our Clients). For this reason you will be required to think strategically on a higher level, proposing new business metrics or suggesting alternatives using both fundamental statistical techniques and more advanced machine learning algorithms. You will be asked to condense your work into simple and efficient analytic toolsets and to present them to senior management and to the Clients as well (either in their office or over the phone). You will be also collaborating with other Strat and Sales teams outside Prime Services.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong academic background in a relevant field - Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or Physics background, including a quantitative understanding of statistics and probability
- Strong programming skills in C, C++, Java, Python or equivalent language
- Ability to work as part of a global team and deliver results quickly
- Comfortable working on multiple projects, demonstrating initiative and showing commercial impact
- Experience in data science and advanced statistics
- Knowledge of Capital and Funding regulations as plus
- Knowledge of Factor Model Analytics as plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top