Securities, Prime Services, GSS Client Services, Analyst/Associate, New York
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Prime Services provides securities financing, securities lending and other client services (securities clearance and settlement, asset servicing reporting and technology, risk management tools) to the firm's hedge fund, institutional and broker dealer clients across multiple asset classes (equity, options, credit, FX, futures and synthetics). Client Service Representatives (CSR's) serve as the primary point of contact for CFOs, COOs, accounting and operations professionals at these clients to actively monitor leverage, risk, performance, etc., CSR's also consult with their clients on new reporting and technology applications to enhance portfolio management, investment advisory, and operational efficiency. CSR's liaise and leverage all of the functional areas of the firm to deliver the resources and solutions that meet our client's needs.
- Relationship management including regular client visits
- Cross selling of other firm products
- Strong client service orientation
- Liaise with legal, compliance, operations and trading teams on client issues
- Understand client reporting needs
- Train clients on new technology & reporting
- Provide margin oversight for clients
- Ensure start-up process for new accounts goes smoothly
- Understand listed equity and fixed income products
- Understand futures and cleared derivatives as well as equity OTC derivatives
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant experience (i.e. prime brokerage, futures, clearing, controllers, operations)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Team Player
- Experience with Futures and/or OTC Clearing products
- Ability to interface with internal and external operations groups
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Ability to react quickly to meet intra-day deadlines
- Focus on Risk Management
- Strong ability to multi-task and self-starter
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top