Securities, Platform Developer, VP, London
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behavior. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
- Execution Services Strats are responsible for the quantitative and technical aspects of electronic execution. This ranges from exchange connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading, pre- and post-trade analysis and quantitative research. The team is also heavily involved in the creation of web-based tools and content for clients using the Marquee platform.
- The Platform team within Execution Services Strats is focused on designing and building a state of the art trading platform, covering the full trading stack from end to end; inbound and outbound order handling, market data, order management and more.
- Technical design and implementation of the core trading platform and supporting components.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the platform and the business flows using the platform, including algorithm flow and smart routing.
- Work closely with coverage and product development teams to gather requirements, followed by specification and implementation.
- Interact with trading, sales, technology and operations teams as required to facilitate implementation and use of the platform.
- Computer Science background.
- Strong experience developing large-scale, high-performance, low-latent software
- High desire to produce organised, readable and maintainable software
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal mediums
- Proven problem solving ability with critical and creative thinking
- Familiarity with and strong interest in equities and electronic execution.
- Prior experience working on electronic trading components including order managers, client and exchange connectivity, central sequencer.
- C++ or Java background.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top