Securities - PIPG Quant Developer - Associate - London
Application Opening Date: 07 December 2018
Application Closing Date: 03 January 2019
Securities: Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Goldman Sachs' Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behaviour. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analysing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
The Private Investor Products Group (PIPG) focus on the pricing, distribution, origination and trading of securitised derivative products across the major asset classes. Its client base is made up of private banks, retail banks, online brokers and other distributors that provide structured solutions to high net worth or retail investors.
PIPG Desk Strats are responsible for the automation of the PIPG business, from design of pricing models and market making strategies through to development of large-scale algorithmic pricing, external distribution and trading platforms. The Strat role is unique to Goldman Sachs, with PIPG Strats operating at the intersection of modelling, software development and trading in a front-office environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Automate the pricing, distribution and execution of structured products in real-time distributed systems used for low latency and high volume processing.
- Design, develop and support highly reliable components across a range of technologies in a structured, disciplined and fast-moving environment.
- Maintain a strong understanding of structured products, including payoff terms, pricing models, risk measures, PnL reporting and hedging considerations.
- Pro-actively automate manual workflows and improve existing processes with particular focus on web distribution, business metrics and automated testing.
- Interact with the trading, sales, structuring, technology and operations teams as part of project and support responsibilities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, above or equivalent in Engineering, Technology or a related discipline required
- Professional software development experience within investment banking/financial services industry required
- Familiarity with pricing, analysing and equity derivative trading processes required
- Knowledge of vanilla options, variance swaps, OTC, pricing methods such a Black-Scholes and binomial model required
- Programming skills in Java, C++/C#, Python required
- Experience with OOP design patterns to create extensible modular applications
- Designing low-latency, large-scale, high-performance distributed systems
- Familiarity with REST, Spring, Hibernate, Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ required
- Knowledge of databases - SQL/MySQL/NoSQL, Sybase and MongoDB required
- Experience in automated testing - unit tests, integration testing, stress testing, regression testing and end-to-end testing required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement initiatives required
- Ability to solve complex problems and to explain the ideas that underlie the solution to non-technical clients and colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Statistical analysis of computational or business data
- Must be a collaborative team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top