Securities, Marquee, Data & Analytics Sales, VP, Hong Kong
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Marquee business at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services.
These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, engineers, and salespeople working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
- Own delivery of Marquee Objectives & Key Results with respect to SaaS/DaaS, specifically distribution and commercialization of GS' analytics, alerts, proprietary data, and risk/pricing models in Asia
- Adapt marketing materials, training curricula, and other collateral across media types to region/country-specific requirements for mobilizing partners in distribution, in partnership with head of sales, head of marketing, and product managers
- Negotiate pricing terms for services within the established pricing framework, in collaboration with major stakeholders
- Capture, distill, and communicate client/prospect user experience feedback, as well as competitive landscape intelligence to major stakeholders, in partnership with User Experience Research team.
- Manage the onboarding workflow for new clients consuming new products
- Partner with COO of Marquee business in establishing payment workflow and user interface
- Collaborate with the Marquee product and strat leadership to identify and prioritize new product development
- Hire additional salespeople to expand distribution in Asia as the model is proven through revenue growth and client subscriptions, and as the product suite and addressable market expands.
- >5 years of sales experience with revenue production responsibility, of which >3 years selling risk analytics, data, or charting services
- Conversant in risk analytics and statistics
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Track record of thinking strategically, prioritizing effectively, and executing commercially under pressure
- Team player effective at mobilizing collaboration across levels of seniority and beyond direct reporting lines
- You are a pioneer
- You love creating something new, and demonstrating that there is indeed opportunity in the new space that others feared - even expected - was not there. You don't mind experimentation and going it alone. You get bored when the path before you is too easy or clear.
- You instinctively and easily build new relationships
- You feel excitement when you walk into a room of new people. You don't need a chaperone or a warm intro before you engage someone who may be a potential client. You're a networker and connector able to build, maintain, and leverage commercial relationships among different groups.
- You're a closer
- You are creative and relentless in the face of discouragement. You engage immediately when you smell an opportunity, gravitate to products and clients that have been challenging for others to monetize, and have an instinctive suspicion when people say a client can't be won over or a problem can't be solved.
- You can make complexity seem simple, but also be conversant with senior data specialists.
- You must be able to socialize products that are new - and perhaps intimidatingly unfamiliar - to the broader sales force in order to access and leverage their relationships. You must be able to credibly deliver the firm to sophisticated institutional investors.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top