Securities, Market Risk, MD , London
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Divisional Risk Team performs in-business risk management and capital related resource planning for the Securities Division
and reports through the Chief Risk Officer of the Securities Division to the Division Heads. We are looking for a MD to join
the Market Risk function in Divisional Risk.
Principal Responsibilities of Market Risk:
- Perform risk analysis and liaise with trading desks to understand the risk profile of our positions
- Review the Division's trading activity and compliance with thresholds and limits
- Ensure transparency of risks to traders and senior management by summarizing and reporting risks
- Lead implementation of various risk related regulatory initiatives
- Monitor market and economic activity to identify new risks and potential business implications.
- Work with Divisional Risk Strategists and Desk Strategists to develop and implement risk metrics across Trading Desks
- Develop tools and reports for trading desks to improve risk management using front office systems.
- 7-10 years' experience in a trading / control environment
- Experience in leading a team of professionals
- Broad knowledge of financial markets and the drivers of market moves
- Enthusiasm and genuine interest in financial markets
- Detailed knowledge of a variety of asset classes across FICC and Equities preferred
- Confident interpersonal skills due to the high level of senior management liaison
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate concisely and accurately.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top