Securities, Market Risk, Associate/VP, New York
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Securities Risk Management sits at the center of the risk management and financial resource allocation decisions within the Securities Division, reporting through the co-Chief Risk Officers of the Securities Division to the Division Heads. We perform in-business management of market, counterparty and operational risks, and capital, balance sheet and funding planning.
Within Securities Risk Management, the Market Risk team manages and allocates market risk and balance sheet across the division. We work closely with trading business heads, performing detailed risk-reward and scenario analysis to make informed risk decisions. On a daily basis we monitor market events and trading activity to identify and highlight risk sensitivities and areas of concern and opportunity. On a strategic basis we work with businesses to target an optimal allocation of risk and other limits to maximize the opportunity and capitalize from business initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Monitor market and economic activity to identify new risks, potential business implications, and risk-mitigating actions to avoid adverse impact (financial loss or other). Liaise with trading desks to understand trading positions in Equities Franchise
- Ensure transparency of risks to trading business heads and senior management
This includes performance of risk analysis, design of stress-tests for significant risk events. Ad-hoc analysis/stress-testing on focus positions or large trades
- Review the trading activity across businesses and compliance with market risk thresholds and limits. Coordination of limit change proposals and recommendations for allocation of resources (risk limits, balance sheet) across businesses
- Work with Divisional Risk Strategists and Desk Strategists to develop and implement new risk metrics across Trading Desks
- Develop tools and reports for trading desks to improve risk management using front office systems
- At least 3 years of experience in an investment banking environment
- Knowledge of products and experience in Equities Derivatives
- Broad knowledge of financial markets and the drivers of market moves
- Enthusiasm and genuine interest in financial markets
- Confident interpersonal skills due to the high level of senior management liaison
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate concisely and accurately
- Experience in a Market Risk, Trading/Structuring, Strat or a similar risk and product focused role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top