Securities, Management & Strategy, Franchise Strategy Group, Analyst, Dallas
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Securities Division Management and Strategy team is seeking an Analyst to join the Franchise Strategy Group. The Franchise Strategy Group partners with Securities Division leadership to identify and assess strategic opportunities and drive initiatives across the Division and our client franchise. Candidates should be interested in solving complex data-oriented business problems, joining an entrepreneurial team within a best-in-class firm, and playing a pivotal role in shaping Goldman Sachs' forward strategy. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative), as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Work closely with senior Business Managers to develop deep understanding of their franchises
- Build strong relationships with key business leaders across functions
- Drive initiatives involving the following key activities:
- Business Planning - manage development and implementation of business plans, including impact measurement
- Competitive Benchmarking - perform competitive analyses using both quantitative and qualitative sources
- Leadership Presentations - develop materials for townhall and committee meetings, and other executive forums
- Process Improvement - generate recommendations and manage implementation of key process improvements
- Reporting and Analysis - prepare weekly reports, as well as monthly/quarterly analyses and highlights
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, accounting, science, mathematics, or engineering
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience, preferably in Consulting, Operations, or Product Control
- Strong project management and process implementation / improvement experience
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and products
- Solid quantitative / statistical skill set
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably located in or around Dallas currently
- Ability to derive creative solutions and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Effective in engaging with global stakeholders and senior management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects
- Commercial focus, team player, self-motivated
- Ability to engage effectively with a multi-location team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top