Securities, Management & Strategy, Finance & Infrastructure, Associate, Dallas
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Securities Division Finance & Infrastructure team is seeking an Associate to help drive financial and strategy reporting for the division. The ideal candidate will have a data science aptitude, strong attention to detail and experience identifying ways to make processes more efficient and effective, as well as working successfully across diverse groups of cross-functional stakeholders. A candidate should demonstrate comfort with data science, complex workflow and financial analytics, as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
A successful candidate will:
- Apply key principles of data science/architecture to help drive systematic, scalable financial analytics and tools
- Design and build analytics dashboards using third party platforms (e.g., QlikView, Tableau)
- Leverage their technical skillset to automate data processes
- Work closely with senior Business Leaders to understand their franchises and keep track of key business initiatives
- Work closely across multiple stakeholders to develop recommendations that enhance efficiency and improve accuracy
- Design and implement key process improvement recommendations
Bachelor's degree in science, mathematics or engineering
- 4-6 years
- Strong quantitative / statistical skill set
- Solid data science / analytics aptitude
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with statistical analysis
- FP&A experience or CPA a bonus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Capacity to articulate financial results clearly to management
- Effectiveness interacting with global stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects
- Commercial focus, team player, self-motivated
- Ability to engage effectively with a multi-location team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top