Securities, Management & Strategy, FICC Micro, Associate, Dallas
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Commodities business is seeking an Analyst to join its Management and Strategy team.
The Management and Strategy team partners with leadership to enhance the commercial performance of the Commodities business , making our business more effective and efficient. Individuals at all levels in the team take ownership for strategic initiatives and financial analysis
Candidates should be interested in: problem solving using quantitative and qualitative skills, joining an entrepreneurial effort, and contributing towards the forward strategy of the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and implementing strategic business plans, identifying opportunities to drive business process efficiencies, and working successfully across diverse groups of cross-functional stakeholders. A candidate should demonstrate comfort with leveraging data and technology to drive business decisions, as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
A successful candidate will:
- Build and manage relationships with a range of stakeholders including Global Commodities Leadership, Sales, Trading and Federation teams
- Articulate the performance of the business, including underlying trends and key drivers, to guide the forward decision-making of senior leaders
- Be able to synthesize large data sets and drive actionable insights for business leaders
- Manage reporting and analysis of key business metrics (e.g., revenues, expenses, returns, sales/client analytics, market share, wallet share)
- Produce presentations for diverse audiences including senior leadership, committees and federation departments
- Support the sales and trading organization both on a day to day as well as strategic basis; including trouble shooting of day to day operational issues
- Have a proven track record of deliver high quality, accurate product with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Consulting, Operations, or Product Control background with 1-2 years of experience
- Robust academic background with demonstrated interest in a diverse set of subject areas
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, and ability to effectively interact with senior management and global stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude with numbers, ability to manipulate data and provide data analytics
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and products
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Effectiveness interacting with global stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt in a dynamic & competitive organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top