Securities, Management & Strategy, Equities, Prime FM, Analyst/Associate - Dallas
- Dallas, TX
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Equities Management & Strategy team is seeking an Analyst / Associate to manage commercial initiatives and implement process improvements across the franchise. The candidate can also successfully accomplish individual independent tasks and assignments to support the Prime Services business.
A successful candidate will:
- Play a primary role in analyzing business performance, including evaluation of and reporting on balance and spread changes, equity and leverage trends, rates and market performance. This will include producing and explaining regular management reports as well as producing and presenting bespoke analysis of specific market events, initiatives, and trends
- Work directly with leadership team to manage the business and focus on key initiatives (both idea generation and execution)
- Be responsible for expense management: own and drive cost management / reduction initiatives and the cost monitoring process
- Assist with ad hoc business initiatives, senior management presentations, regulatory requests and responses to market events
- Play key role in global initiatives including automation projects. Work very closely with quantitative strategists to develop new business analytics tools
- Manage the annual business review process, including close monitoring of actual versus budget variance drivers and working with business leaders on developing business outlooks and strategy
- Be responsible for producing and assessing metrics and analytics
- Hands-on approach and analytical mindset; strong desire required to solve quantitative problems
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to interact with global stakeholders and senior management effectively.
- Good understanding of Global Markets business and equity products and/or financing in particular is preferred
- Commercial mindset
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic flexible self-starter with a strong analytical mind-set and capability to work well under pressure
- Strong system skills, Excel (essential) and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top