Securities, Management & Strategy, Commodities FM, Analyst, Dallas
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The FICC Micro ("Micro") business is seeking an Associate to join its Management and Strategy team. Micro includes the sales and trading of a broad range of Credit and Structured fixed income products. Candidates should be interested in: shifting from an execution to advisory role, joining an entrepreneurial effort within a best-in-class firm with Fortune 100 resources, and playing a pivotal role in shaping Goldman Sachs' forward strategy for its Securities Division.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing and implementing strategic business plans, identifying opportunities to drive business process efficiencies, and working successfully across diverse groups of cross-functional stakeholders. A candidate should demonstrate comfort with leveraging data and technology to drive business decisions, as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
A successful candidate will:
- Work closely with senior Micro Business Leaders to understand their franchise and existing regulatory workflow
- Develop a deep understanding of broader regulatory requirements, methodology, and internal implementation
- Work closely across multiple stakeholder groups to develop recommendations that will enhance efficiency, improve accuracy, and establish appropriate process controls across all asset classes
- Partner with Regulatory Strats to optimize workflow and industrialize Regulatory Analysis & Execution
- Key categories of additional activities:
- Help develop and implement business plans, including measurement of impact and success
- Generate recommendations and manage the implementation of key process improvements
- Create and maintain systematic approach for market share-related initiatives (e.g., tracking, reporting, improving)
- Perform competitive benchmarking analysis using both quantitative and qualitative sources
- Manage new revenue activity approval process, including attending meetings and preparing memos
- Finance or Consulting background with 2-4 years of experience
- Strong experience with process implementation and improvement
- Robust academic background with demonstrated interest in a diverse set of subject areas
- Solid interest in financial markets and products
- Strong quantitative / statistical skill set
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Effectiveness interacting with global stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Commercial focus, team player, self-motivated
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top