Securities - Management and Strategy - Franchise Manager - Analyst/Associate - New York
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Global Equities Strategy & Management team are focused on helping deliver best-in-class market share, profitability and return profiles across our businesses, regions and product lines.
The team is composed of individuals with backgrounds across consulting, financial modelling, accounting, risk management, technology & engineering.
Individuals at all levels in the team take ownership for strategic initiatives and financial analyses.
The duration of these range from short term reactionary assignments to market events, to longer term, multi-year strategic builds that present an opportunity to immerse yourself in a commercial project and leverage your network across the firm.
We work day to day with individuals and teams across Sales, Trading, Executive Office, IBD, GSAM & Federation and new joiners will be expected to have the confidence and capabilities to manage stakeholder relationships directly.
A successful candidate will:
- Build and manage relationships with Global Sales & Trading leadership to develop, execute, and refine the vision and strategy for our business
- Articulate the performance of the business, including underlying trends and key drivers, to guide the forward decision-making of senior leaders
- Drive reporting and analysis of key business metrics (e.g., revenues, expenses, returns, sales/client analytics, market share, wallet share)
- Proactively identify operational inefficiencies and lead cross-functional teams (e.g. Sec Div, Federation) to solve for these issues
- Own the coordination and implementation of cross-divisional projects & initiatives
- Seek commercial opportunities
- Have proven track record of deliver high quality, accurate product with a meticulous attention to detail
- 3-5 years' experience in financial services or consulting
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, and ability to effectively interact with senior management and global stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude with numbers, ability to manipulate data; data analytics and database query skills preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Project management experience a plus
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt in a dynamic & competitive organization
- Commercial focus, ready to take ownership and accountability, organizational/prioritization skills, proactive, ability to multitask
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top