Securities - Futures Sales Trading - Associate - London
Application Opening Date: 27 April 2018
Application Closing Date: 24 May 2018
Looking for ambitious individuals who will utilise their skills to prospect, cross-sell and originate business, engaging a wide range of institutional clients including Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds etc.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Futures Sales Trading desk works with institutional clients seeking to hedge portfolios, gain net exposure across a number of products, manage cash flows and implement a variety of other strategies. The team trades global, all asset classed futures and options including: equity indexes, commodities, fixed income and FX. Desk clients include investment managers, various strategy hedge funds, banks, pensions, and corporate investors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Marketing to universe of Central Bank, SWF, asset manager and hedge fund clients
- Develop deep client relationships and increase revenues
- Work in conjunction with regional Compliance, Legal, Risk. Credit, Product and Technology teams to deliver enhanced products
- Advising clients on implementation strategy
- Trading and execution
- Increasing market share across both execution and clearing platforms
- Working as part of a regional and Global team offering best in class client solutions and service
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or equivalent in Business, Finance or a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Experience in marketing/sales trading role required
- Must have industry professional certifications or should be working towards qualification
- Strong knowledge and exposure to trading processes required
- Familiarity with fixed income, bonds, options, STIR futures, hedge fund, equities and commodities required
- Experience with rates strategy, clearing and futures execution required
- Knowledge of analytics and experience of managing trade order books required
- Proficiency in Excel and knowledge of Bloomberg required
- Must and willingness and ability to quickly learn GS proprietary technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) presentation skills required
- Must be comfortable in liaising with all levels of senior management across clients and internal GS teams
- Ability to build relationships across different levels, functions and regions
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Results-oriented: focus on attracting business to GS
- Must be a team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top