Securities, Futures Clearing Sales, Associate, Sydney
Looking for ambitious individual who will utilize their skills to prospect, cross-sell and originate business across Asia, engaging a wide range of institutional clients trading Global listed derivative markets.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Goldman Sachs Futures is a comprehensive global offering for Fixed Income, Equities, Commodity Futures and cleared OTC derivatives. Clients choose Goldman Sachs for the security of clearing with a sound and prudent financial institution, our focus on exceptional service and our innovative value-add solutions. The Goldman Sachs Futures business is an agency-only, client driven business, strictly segregated from the Goldman Sachs sales and trading franchise. We are committed to being a broker of ideas, with broad capabilities to customize and adapt to specific markets and clients. We have over 40 years of experience in the industry and as such understand that in order to remain competitive we have to offer a seamlessly integrated execution and central clearing product incorporating not only traditional clearing, but also sophisticated technology, competitive pricing and multi-lingual coverage in all areas. Our Futures brokerage capability is also integrally related to our overall effort to provide complete financial risk management services to our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a candidate to join our Sydney team to drive Futures and OTC clearing sales in Australia and New Zealand, working closely with regional and Global teams The Futures Sales desk works with institutional clients seeking to hedge portfolios, gain net exposure across a number of products, manage cash flows and implement a variety of other strategies. The role involves selling global, all asset classed futures and options including: equity indexes, commodities, fixed income and FX. Desk clients include investment managers, various strategy hedge funds, banks, pensions, and corporate investor. Candidates will be responsible for:
- Acquiring and advising clients on all aspects of clearing listed Derivatives and Swaps Globally.
- Being a product expect on all aspects of accessing Global derivative markets.
- Increasing market share across clearing platforms
- Working as part of a regional and Global team offering best in class client solutions and service
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Sales in a client facing capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Interested in Global markets and working as part of an integrated team
- Comfortable leasing with all levels of senior management across clients and internal GS personnel
- Ability to build relationships across different levels, functions and regions. Existing relationships with Superannuation, Pension and Asset manager clients an advantage
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Results-oriented: focus on attracting business to GS
- Strong markets knowledge including understanding of rules and regulations and Market nuances affecting listed derivative markets
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top