Securities, FICC, Systematic Market Making Engineering, VP, London
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
FICC SMM is a cross-asset systematic market making business covering FX, commodities, interest rates, and credit. As an automated trading business, SMM manages the financial as well as operational risks inherent in this endeavor. We are looking for a quant to work on the rates and credit businesses. Depending on the candidate, this could be a position as a researcher developing and delivering commercially-effective enhancements to our trading systems and client franchise or as a TWC with risk-management responsibility added to this.
- Analyse trading system performance and identify areas for improvements.
- Generate ideas for system enhancements that drive commercial performance.
- Generate ideas to improve safety and reliability of trading systems.
- Implement, test and deploy these ideas.
- Work constructively in collaboration with other team members.
- Manage work to balance the short-term needs of the business with strategic enhancements.
- (For TWCs) Sound approach to risk-management
- (For TWCs) Ability to interact constructively with sales and market a structure on optimizing the client franchise
- Proven ability to analyse data and draw useful commercial conclusions.
- Strong software engineering background
- Comfortable communicating technical topics to non-specialist audiences
- History of productive interaction with other groups, especially sales, voice trading and pure technology teams
- (For TWCs) Track-record of successful management of operational and market risk, or for people new to trading, a sound understanding of the challenges and required behaviours associated with a trading role.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top