Securities - FICC Systematic Market Making - Analyst/Associate - Bengaluru
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change, and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Engineering plays a key role in the firm's
ability to provide liquidity and execution services for institutional clients around the world, two important revenue drivers for the firm. In FICC Engineering we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
Who We Look For
The FICC Systematic Market Making (SMM) business consolidates and expands firm's electronic market making and algorithmic trade execution. As part of the SMM Engineering team, Principal Market Making (PMM) engineering partners closely with SMM traders to develop and support pricing and risk management strategies and infrastructure. Team combines engineering, research and trading expertise to deliver liquidity solutions for our clients and advance the firm's electronic trading goals. The team is primarily focused on using statistical techniques to conceive, design, analyze, and measure quantitative strategies and engineering performant, resilient and scalable electronic market making software stack.
Candidates must have the technical and analytical skills required to triage and resolve complex issues and operate well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, develop, test and deploy pricing and risk management infrastructure and strategies while keeping operational risk in check
- Support day-to-today trading operation
- Systematically analyze client flow and market dynamics to optimize our pricing and hedging algorithms
- Analyze trading system and identify areas for performance improvements, safety and reliability
- Partner closely with global team to achieve business objectives
- Implement software using Java , Python and GS-proprietary technologies
- STEM degree with 1 to 5 years of work experience
- Strong hands-on object oriented programming skills - Java/C++/Python
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience with Linux operating system internals and/or networking concepts
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to quickly identify scope and impact of issues during high-pressure situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with distributed systems, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products' behaviors and specifications
- Understanding of time series analysis, statistics, data mining and numerical techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership.
- Solving novel problems from first principles.
- Experience in the front office environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top