Securities, FICC, Structured Credit Trading, Vice President, Mumbai
- Mumbai, India
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for markets who is looking to challenge themselves in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be empowered to be commercial and help drive profitability for the business through generating trade ideas and ensuring to deliver solutions for our clients.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Structured Credit Trading (SCT) desk is looking to add to join the team in Hong Kong. SCT is involved in sourcing and deploying secured funding on a variety of asset classes, illiquid credit trading, secondary market making in securitizations and structured finance assets, structuring and placement of primary issuances. The individual will help with desk's daily activities, research and quantitative modeling in credit space (primarily structured finance).
Role & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and risk-manage the exposures in the Global Funding Book due to existing trades and potential transactions including but not limited to Credit, FX, Rates, Funding risks.
- Estimate daily gains and losses made by the desk based on market moves and underlying risks and reconcile the estimated gains/losses with desk controllers on a daily basis.
- Work integrally with the global structured credit trading desk and work with ongoing live transactions.
- Analyze the credit quality of structured transactions and provide a view on the underlying performance, pricing suggestions and potential risks & challenges in the future on existing and live trades.
- Identifying & highlight potential opportunities that may present in near future, working with trade originators in the desk in NY, HK and LDN
- Interaction with Trading, Quant Strategies across all regions and understand the current existing funding trades and the risks presented due to these structured transactions.
- Assisting the desk in any analysis required for fulfilling obligations that are part of its contract with its counterparties
- Understand the funding book and propose funding optimization opportunities in the current portfolio
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record
- 5-8 years' relevant experience
- Quantitative aptitude and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work closely with various groups, with strong communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to multi-task & deliver under pressure
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation
- Strong technical /quantitative skills
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top