Securities, FICC, Structured Credit Trading, Direct Lending Trader, Vice President - Hong Kong
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Structured Credit Trading (SCT) desk is looking for an experienced trader to join the team in Hong Kong focused on direct lending segment. The SCT desk at Goldman Sachs was established in 2001 as a global investing and trading business in structured finance. The team originates and makes markets on a variety of asset classes, structures bespoke financing solutions and focuses on opportunistic funding deployment and credit investing. SCT manages a wide range of macro risk as well as credit and funding risks of a structured and illiquid nature. Local teams in New York, London, Hong Kong and Bangalore interact closely with Sales, Banking, and clients in order to identify sources of excess liquidity globally and then deploy it efficiently to counterparties in a variety of secured formats.
- An interest/experience in understanding structured products
- Manage desk positions, including tracking P&L on a daily basis and reviewing other risk reports
- Analyzing and executing trades and hedges for the desk
- Experience in dealing with financing across APAC special situations/CRE and leverage loans.
- An interest in credit underwriting and lending
- Expected to become a key contributor on deal teams shortly after starting
- Coordinate closely with salespeople, investment banking, and other groups
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented with strong accounting, finance, modeling, and problem solving skills.
- Keen interest in the financial markets and good commercial instincts.
- Experience with financial modeling tools, credit investing, and strong intellectual curiosity.
- Strong quantitative, reasoning and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in small team setting.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top