Securities, FICC, Special Assests Group, Credit Research Analyst/Associate, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Special Assets Group (SAG) resides within the Securities Division (FICC-Credit Trading) of Goldman Sachs and manages a $94 billion dollar risk book of corporate debt, spanning from investment grade to distressed. We are "Street facing" and execute trading / hedging strategies in loans, CDS, equity/credit options and re-org equities. When necessary, we also represent the Firm in workout scenarios. We are generally on the public side of the information wall although do, under certain circumstances, receive syndicate or non-public information. The New York team is responsible for managing all of our book's risk in the Americas and consists of the head of the group, three credit analysts and two traders. Responsibilities include: The role focuses on managing the portfolio and is great for someone who wants to enhance his/her skillset in credit analysis / investment skills and enjoys working in fast paced market-oriented environment. You will analyze corporate credit, price risk across capital structure and learn about risk management. In particular this person will be expected to:
- Analyze corporate credits and develop hedging / investment recommendations
- Work closely with team of dedicated research analysts to follow and develop a credit view on a portfolio of names
- Assist in executing cash and derivative trades either internally or through our external coverage
- Develop views on appropriate hedge strategy, candidates for sales and target prices
- Value and mark SAG positions, many of which are illiquid (requires review of comps, derivatives and cross capital structure)
- Monitor, update and develop portfolio screens for news and price changes
- Maintain various organizational spreadsheets
- Experience in financial statement analysis (e.g. via IBD or research background)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top