Securities, FICC, Investment Grade Desk Analyst, Associate/VP, New York
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs is seeking an Investment Grade Desk Analyst to support the IG Trading team in New York.
Goldman Sachs' Securities division is looking to recruit a senior Desk Analyst to primarily cover the TMT sectors (any exposure to other sectors is a benefit too) as a non-publishing sector specialist working with the traders on the IG trading desk in NY.
The desk analysts conduct fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies, identifying dislocations in the cash and CDS spreads of those companies and/or industries. They also communicate market colour and investment opportunities to clients, working very closely with the IG Sales and Trading teams.
Working closely with the traders responsible for each sector, the Desk Analyst will be responsible for:
- Analyzing US (and some global) TMT companies, establishing investment opportunities on their debt securities and derivatives
- Developing and updating financial models where relevant
- Working extensively with our IG sales team, trading desk and strategy teams
- Daily dialogue with investor clients, corporate issuers of debt securities, sales and trading
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis, strong preference for experience analyzing the TMT sector
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience building and updating financial models
- Experience analyzing, creating and marketing investment ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in excel
- Ability to work in a high energy environment
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful/entrepreneurial
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Passion for following the markets, both debt and equity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top