Securities, FICC, Energy Sales, Associate/VP, Singapore
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for markets who is looking to challenge themselves in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be empowered to be commercial and help drive profitability for the business through generating trade ideas and ensuring to deliver solutions for our clients.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW WILL YOU FILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Securities Division enables our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products. In addition, we make markets in and clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide. Through our global sales force, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis.
The Commodities business helps clients manage risk across a range of commodities and our clients include corporations, investors, commodity trading houses and other financial institutions.
The Singapore Energy Sales desk works with a range of corporate clients primarily located across SE Asia in order to help them manage price risks associated with energy products. The team works in conjunction with trading to price and execute transactions involving financial derivatives and physical commodities.
- Responsible for Sales coverage in structuring, pricing and executing derivative and physical transactions
- Understanding market fundamentals and trends and communicating information to clients
- Identify and develop new opportunities
- Interacting with CRMA, Legal and Ops teams internally to help enhance client experience and seamless trade execution
- Collect, manage and analyze data related to industry trends and client trading activity
- Create presentation materials which will be used for existing and prospective client meetings
- 5+ years' experience, ideally with exposure to energy in Gas, Oil or Petrochemical
- Strong academic record with minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Background or knowledge of the commodity markets is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top