Securities, FICC Credit, Systematic Market Making, Quantitative Researcher, Analyst/Associate/VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates joining the Credit SMM Trading desk are engaged in market making and its related functions in US Investment Grade credit products. The desk offers liquidity primarily in a principal capacity and trade with clients via vendor platforms and directly with clients intermediated by sales. Team members combine their mathematical, programming and market expertise to build and generate systematic strategies. The desk looks for individuals with strong mathematical skillsets, programming experience, and who are motivated to get hands on experience with algorithmic trading
- Automate common desk workflows, streamline trading process
- Make quantitative improvements to existing trading strategies (IG corps)
- Develop new trading models for Munis and Emerging Market corps
- Understand and analyze market microstructure, incorporate findings into trading strategies
- Programming experience in C++, Python, or Perl
- Experience working with large data sets
- Background in applied mathematics, physics, or other relevant field
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in a STEM area
- Past experience with quantitative research and developing large, scalable systems
- Knowledge of Credit or Muni products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top