Securities, FICC, Core E-Dealing Strats, Infrastructure Generalist for Electronic & Low Latency Trading, Associate/VP
Goldman Sachs’ Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm’s trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
Roles within Securities Strats
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behavior. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm’s sales force and clients, analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms. The work involves developing a thorough understanding of the full range of investment products and strategies offered by the firm, an ability to capture the characteristics of those investments in mathematical models and the creation of infrastructure to make those analyses reusable and scalable across our businesses.
Goldman Sachs’ FICC Edealing Core Strategies team is a world leader in providing innovative technologies to underpin electronic trading in FICC, taking an active role in the increasing shift from voice to electronic execution. We are looking for exceptional technologists to extend our team.
FICC Edealing Core Strategies is at the heart of technical innovation at Goldman Sachs, providing solutions for dynamic, global businesses as well as mitigating operational risk in the fast-paced world of electronic trading. Our primary responsibility is to develop frameworks and technologies for algorithmic trading, both with our clients and on exchanges, including connectivity, order management, back-testing, and messaging. We optimize both our hardware and software for uptime, extensibility, and latency. The team is composed of experienced technologists who balance passion for latest technologies and a deep interest in financial markets, and have equal appetite for development, deployment and testing best practices. We constantly research, invent and apply advanced technologies and we work with bright, motivated people.
We are looking for developers who are interested in applying bleeding-edge technologies to solve problems in electronic trading. In a team of energetic, self-motivated individuals, we need someone who can take the initiative at any stage of the software cycle, from inception, through development to release and support. This role also interacts with a variety of other Strategies, Technology, Trading and Sales teams. The structure is flat and the successful candidate will be able to manage his or her time to have maximum impact.
Basic Qualifications• At least 5 years of experience in technology or similar field
- Strong academic background in Computer Science or an analytical field such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc.
- Network topologies, including routing, switching, multicast, wide/metro area networking
- Network services such as DNS, load balancing, precision time
- Linux server administration
- System management platforms such as SolarWinds, HPOV, or similar
- Kernel bypass technologies like open onload and VMA
- Linux kernels, virtual memory, process lifecycles, TCP/IP & performance tuning
- High performance Network cards like Mellanox, Solarflare and FPGA adapters such as Celoxica
- Exchange co-location, High-performance, highly-available and low latency computing environments
- One or more of the following programming languages: Perl, Shell programming, Python, and C
Preferred Qualifications• Ability to build and communicate monitoring and measurement methodologies for compute and network statistics that are meaningful to business managers
- Ability to translate technical information to the business for decision-making
- Liaise with engineering teams to understand current and future technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business requirements
- Knowledge of financial markets, particularly fixed income, currencies, and commodities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with business users
- Works well independently and in ad-hoc teams
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Commercially focused
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top