Securities, FICC, Commodities Macro Sales. Analyst/Associate, Hong Kong
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for markets who is looking to challenge themselves in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be empowered to be commercial and help drive profitability for the business through generating trade ideas and ensuring to deliver solutions for our clients.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Commodities macro sales desk interacts with Hedge Funds, Banks, SWF/ Pension Funds, Asset Managers in Asia Pacific Ex-Japan to trade commodities across oil, precious metals, base metals, bulks, agriculture and commodity index products. It works closely with global commodity trading and sales desks in Singapore, New York and London as well as macro/ regional sales in Asia. A sales analyst is responsible for supporting the desk effectively to serve clients, whilst developing their own sales skills. This includes but is not limited to:
- Quoting prices and executing trades with clients in a range of commodity products (one delta and options) mentioned above
- Booking trades and working with Operations to ensure that the post-trade process works smoothly
- Keeping up on news, events and market movements related to commodities and communicating those to clients in a timely manner
- Generate trade ideas
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification and have an excellent academic/ professional record
- Some experience in commodities, and /or flow production execution will be helpful
- Basic understanding of derivatives, understanding of options and related Greeks
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top