Securities, ESSG, Private Capital Investing, Associate, Paris
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The European Special Situations Group (“ESSG”) within the Securities Division is looking for an associate in Paris with a demonstrated interest in fundamental/value investing to join the Private Capital Investing team (PCI) . ESSG is a multi-product investing and financing group within the Securities Division. ESSG focuses primarily on distressed, special situations, and growth capital investment opportunities. PCI makes investments across the capital structure (senior debt, mezzanine, unitranche, equity) in a range of different industries and jurisdictions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The role is highly analytical with emphasis on fundamental valuation, financial modelling, analysis of financial accounts, legal documentation and involvement in deal negotiation and dynamics
- The candidate will be expected to express investment views and to play a role in screening and developing new investment ideas across a range of industries
- The candidate will be leading the due diligence process on live deals, conducting market research, interacting with advisors and management teams, and preparing investment committee materials
Basic Qualifications•Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification and an excellent academic and professional record
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in corporate finance/M&A
- Strong quantitative, financial modelling, analytical and problem-solving skills – mastery of Excel is essential
- Fluent in French and English
Preferred Qualifications•Commercial and analytical with an understanding of financial markets
- Ideal candidate would have a demonstrated interest and aptitude for evaluating and recommending investments through personal interest and/or professional experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation
- Ability to drive projects and initiatives – a self-starter
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top