Securities- Equity Derivative Vol Trading Support -Analyst - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes
corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong
and other major financial centers around the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The professionals in our Securities Division help institutional clients, including fund managers, financial service providers and large corporations, buy and sell financial instruments on exchanges/over the counter around the world. From developing trading strategies, structured products to the final clearing and execution of transactions, our professionals provide insights and strategies that help clients achieve their goals.
The role will be part of Equity Derivatives Trading team. The Derivatives trading desk focuses on market making of index and Single name equity derivatives and managing both equity volatility and delta risk. The desk prices and executes equity derivatives products for clients who use the liquidity we provide for both speculative and hedging purposes. Beyond the day-to-day business we also structure and execute outsized trades via derivatives.
Job Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Analysis on upcoming Corporate Action events to understand optimal election as well as specifics on execution / facilitation enabling the desk to manage risk appropriately
- Facilitation of bookings for the desk enabling 360 view into trade lifecycle:
Preparing uploads for the onshore desk on the back of client / internal flow and following up with middle office on any discrepancies
Trade amendments and allocations - amending existing bookings under the supervisionof the onshore desk and working to resolve any related issues
- Monitor all internal derivative positions up for expiry, interact with the desk on specifics on thecontracts, source appropriate expiry levels from market data sources thereby helping analyzewhether to expire or roll the positions forward along with a view on appropriate levels
- Helping manage and book broker trades
- Helping the team manage various risks; help build and monitor reports including but not limitedto FX/rates exposure, swap and option expiries, cash vs physical delivery, borrow availability etc.
- P&L reconciliation
- Helping monitor upcoming earnings, especially in names where desk has positions
- Helping ensure updated vol marks for focus names vs broker market / totem
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record
- 1-2 years' experience in trade booking, trade matches and middle office will be useful
- Strong Interest in global financial markets and derivatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal (written and verbal) skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to multi-task & deliver under pressure
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top