Securities, Equities Sales, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
SECURITIESOur core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Fundamental Equity Sales is comprised of individuals that specialize in the sale of equity securities both in the US and internationally. The desk covers a diverse group of long duration clients including mutual funds, hedge funds, and pension funds that are located in the US and Canada. The team is responsible for managing client relationships at the Portfolio Manager and Research Analyst level, highlighting alpha-generating investment opportunities, as well as facilitating interactions with the firm's Global Investment Research Division. In addition to delivering the firm's resources in the form of research, market color, and corporate access, the team also manages the public side of the IPO and Follow On process by working closely with the firm's Equity Capital Markets Division to identify client interest, assist in the client education and due diligence process, host management meetings, and ultimately garner feedback to help determine where deals price.
In covering clients with senior salespeople, analysts are exposed to:
- RESEARCH/IDEA GENERATION: Synthesize and distribute content from Global Investment Research (GIR), traders, and internal strategists to assist clients in the process of alpha generation.
- CAPITAL MARKETS: Facilitate client targeting, investor education, management meetings, and order flow around the IPO and Follow-on deal processes.
- CORPORATE ACCESS: Market the firm's corporate access resources (conferences, management road shows, and site visits) to assist in client due diligence as they make key investment decisions
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Selling of Initial Public and Secondary Offerings to Institutional clients
- Distribution of the Global Investment Research Product to institutional clients
- Identifying new client opportunities; growing and maintaining client relationships
- Drawing from various resources across the firm to deliver the best service to the client
- Providing general support to the team
- Ability to multi task
- Strong communication skills
- Markets oriented
- Strong work ethic
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top