Securities - Equities One Infra Strats - Analyst/Associate
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Liquidity Infrastructure team partners with equities strategists and technologists to provide and maintain the firm's Algorithmic Equity Trading and Smart Order Routing systems. This critical role includes analysis and support for real-time trading issues as well as proactive work towards automation.
Our team seeks an analyst with interest in working with and supporting high-performance distributed trading systems. A successful candidate will:
• Be responsible for the successful integration of certified code and new functionality into the production trading environment
• Facilitate communications between trading desks, strategists, and other support teams to manage unexpected or day-to-day issues
• Understand Asia equity market rules and microstructure and be able to interact directly with exchanges and vendors to address issues
• Lead efforts to identify and address performance bottlenecks in high frequency trading environment (network topology, market data, exchange connectivity etc.)
• Proactively create tools and tests to reduce manual work and automate best practices
• Create software to systematically analyze order flows and system performance, utilizing this data for long-term capacity planning
• Through mentorship by the team, and based on aptitude, grow into a role involving responsibility for trading algorithms and business logic
• Work in shifts in order to support Asia markets
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline
• Knowledge of high-level programming language such as Java, C++, Python, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Experience with a Unix / Linux operating system
• Good understanding of an end-to-end software development process (requirements, design, implementation, testing, and deployment)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Work experience involving large scale, business-critical technology systems
• Experience with SQL databases and analysis of large data sets
• Knowledge of network concepts, topologies, and technologies
• Experience with large-scale automated testing and releases
• Domain knowledge of Asia equity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top