Securities, Equities, Micro Synthetics - Associate/VP, Hong Kong
We are looking for a highly motivated trader to join our Micro Synthetics Trading team. The role of a trader requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while making real-time market decisions. Along with a passion for markets and trading, the applicant must have excellent quantitative skills and attention to detail.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Equities One Delta Trading encompasses five businesses (Program Trading, ETFs, Synthetics, US Shares Trading and International Trading) that offer a variety of trading solutions for the firm's customers which include mutual funds, hedge funds, passive and enhanced indexers, active managers, quantitative trading desks, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, transition managers, RIAs, and tactical asset allocators. The desk has strong interaction with various sales and trading groups throughout the securities division. Synthetics give the firm's customers the ability to trade and invest via equity swaps, CFDs, certificates, futures, forwards, and notes. The desk is able to provide market access to emerging economies, sector/thematic exposure to custom indexes, capital efficient implementations, funding outperformance, index efficiencies, as well as custom hedging solutions.
The Synthetic Product Trading Team is primarily responsible for negotiating and managing the facilitation of index and single stock synthetic transactions between various market participants. Our clients include Institutional Lenders, Hedge Funds and Internal Firm Desks. The trading desk is looking to add an Analyst, focusing on Emerging Market Equities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Risk management of Synthetic Product Trading's positions driven by Franchise activity in Index Macro and Single Stock Micro space
- Pricing of Equity synthetic products of different nature (Equity Swaps/Forwards/Futures) across the Term Structure (short and long dated) across various countries
- You will be required to work closely with traders, sales, structuring, legal, compliance and risk
- You will be required to think entrepreneurially about your sector and explore new business opportunities within your mandate.
- Develop a broad expertise across multiple products and risk types driven by changes in market structure, client demand and product development
- Successful candidates will leverage their franchise to grow revenues and expand the firm's market share
- Your role will provide for fast career development and significant exposure to clients
- Given a flat structure the desk affords quick opportunities for advancement for high performers
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record.
- 4-5 years' experience in trade booking, trade matches and middle office will be useful.
- Strong Interest in global financial markets and derivatives
- Ability to work closely with various groups, with strong communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to multi-task & deliver under pressure
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation
- Strong technical /quantitative skills
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative
- Quantitative background with basic understanding of equity derivatives (swaps/options)
- An interest for Macro and Micro products and for multiple Asset Classes
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top