Securities, Equities, Index Trading, VP/MD, Hong Kong
Looking for an ambitious, motivated and hard-working team player to cross-sell best-in-class ideas and solutions and to build long-term relationships with our institutional clients, specifically sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, pension funds and insurance companies.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Equity Derivatives Trading team trades a variety of volatility products on equities. Our largest customers are hedge funds, insurance companies, mutual funds, pension funds, and large corporations who are looking to express views or hedge risk in equity markets. Traders make markets to provide liquidity to these clients, and take firm positions to manage this risk.
The Index Trading Desk trades a variety of products relating to global macro equity indices, like the S&P500, HSI, HSCEI, Nasdaq, and Nikkei. The desk takes positions in listed and OTC options, variance swaps, dividend swaps, and VIX related products. The focus is on global macro risk and its implications for the equity markets.
The Index Trading Desk is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic candidate to join our Hong Kong office:
• Distribute best-in-class ideas and solutions to our Institutional clients
• Macro and systematic risk taking in Equities
• Identifying and implementing volatility RV strategies for Asian Indices
• Help identify new business opportunities and originate new client relationships with a strategic and long-term view
• Grow and maintain existing client relationships
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record
• 5-8 years of relevant experience
• Client-focused with strategic, long term mind-set
• Strong attention to detail
• Solid work ethics and high levels of motivation
• Strong technical and mathematical skills as well as an advanced level of proficiency in using pricing tools for derivatives
• Hard working with strong willingness to learn
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
• Strong team player
• Working knowledge and interest in global financial markets and derivative instruments
• Entrepreneurial and proactive with good judgment
• Ability to multi-task
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top