Securities - Equities Franchise Data Strats Lead Developer - Vice President - Bengaluru
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on the challenge of the capture and analysis of high-volume real-time market data. With capture rates of over 1Tb per day, and data stores containing over 1Pb, this requires highly efficient, scalable software. We are looking for an experienced lead developer with strong technical skills, who would like innovate using the latest ideas in distributed computing to solve problems for the business, drive our data platform forwards.
The Securities division's core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Franchise Data Strategies team is dedicated to the data needs and requirements of Goldman Sachs' front office including the Marquee digital platform. We deliver technology driven solutions for normalizing and analyzing real-time and reference data from a large number of sources, both inside and outside of the firm. These include: Refinitiv/Reuters, Bloomberg, MarkIT, MSCI, FTSE, Computstat and Axioma to name but a few.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop the core of our in-house C++ distributed database so it can fulfil its goals in terms of performance and scalability
- Technically guide the junior developers and own the work produced by the local team
- Work with the front office to meet the business needs for data analytics and performance
- Develop and improve our operational tools to solve infrastructure issues and analyse performance bottlenecks
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-10 years' experience developing high-performance software in C++ or Java
- 2-5 years' experience leading a team
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal mediums
- A strong desire to produce organised, readable and maintainable software
- Proven problem solving ability with critical and creative thinking
- Ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term, strategic focus
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- A passion for taking ownership of a software stack and developing it to its full potential
- Prior experience working on electronic trading systems or data feeds
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top