Securities, Equities, Franchise Data Strategies, Associate/VP, London
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is an exciting opportunity to work on the PAD (portfolio, analytics and data) platform. You will be collaborating with strategists, trading and engineers to help create systematic strategies and quantitative analysis for clients. We are looking for a front office developer with strong technical skills and a background in financial single stock data who would like to innovate, solve problems for the business, and drive our platform forwards.
The Securities Division's core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Franchise Data Strategies group is a team of dedicated people who target the data needs and requirements of Goldman Sachs' front office. We deliver technology driven solutions for normalizing and analyzing real-time and reference data from a large number of sources, both inside and outside of the firm. These include: Refinitiv (Worldscope, IBES, Starmine, Tick data, etc), Bloomberg, MarkIT, MSCI, Computstat, CapIQ, and Axioma to name but a few.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Utilizing your deep knowledge of financial data and its application, you will extend and enhance the PAD research and analytics data platform
- Work with the front office to meet the business needs for data
- Source, model and curate new data feeds and APIs
- Consult and provide support for our global data platform
- Source and support alternative datasets in collaboration with front office teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of financial, fundamental data
- Experienced SQL developer with database design and modelling skills
- Strong programmer, in either compiled or scripting languages
- Skilled communicator and collaborator
- Proven problem solving ability with critical and creative thinking
- For VP level: expertise in Fundamental datasets such as Worldscope, Compustat, IBES
- Knowledge of equities and corporate actions
- Data feed handling experience - e.g. Bloomberg, Refinitiv, MSCI, FTSE, Markit
- Knowledge of alternative data stores - g. ElasticSearch, NoSql databases
- Knowledge of a cloud platform - e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top