Securities, Equities Flow Vol Strats, Associate/VP, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
GLOBAL MARKET DIVISION
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
As a Global Market Division strat, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You may create cutting-edge derivative pricing models and empirical models that provide insight into market behavior, or develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients. You might be involved in analyzing exposures and structuring transactions to meet client needs, or in designing and developing complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms. Throughout the Global Market Division, strats are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems.
The candidate will sit within Asia Flow Vol Equities Strategies team. Closely working with the Flow Vol Trading desk, he or she will focus on the following themes:
- Automated pricing and workflows: pro-actively automate manual workflows and improve existing processes with particular focus on pricing automation, and business metrics.
- Modelling and prediction of pricing inputs (dividend, funding spread and volatility), design of workflow and automation tools to mark these inputs.
- Systematic and quantitative analysis of risk and flow of the franchise, driving business decision and the design of our platform.
- On-exchange algorithmic trading: design and optimization of derivatives market taking and market making trading algorithms
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent academic record (in a relevant quantitative field e.g. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science)
- Strong analytical and programming skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in financial markets, preferably as a quantitative analyst
- Previous experience in a sales and trading desk environment, and relevant work experience in derivatives
- Pricing model experience with derivatives products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self- motivate, multi task and work independently
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top