Securities, Equities, Equities Management, Sr Associate/VP - New York
- New York, NY
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Play a primary role in analyzing business performance, this will include producing and explaining regular management reports as well as producing and presenting bespoke analysis of specific market events, initiatives, and trends.
- Work directly with leadership team to manage the business and focus on key initiatives (both idea generation and execution)
- Involved in ad hoc business initiatives, senior management presentations, regulatory requests and responses to market events.
- Play key role in global initiatives including automation projects. Work very closely with quantitative strategists and technology to develop new business analytics tools.
- Responsibility for producing and assessing metrics and analytics
Experience / Skills
- Eng. or B.Sc., or other equivalently quantitative degrees preferred.
- Hands-on approach and analytical mindset. Strong desire required to solve quantitative problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to interact with global stakeholders and senior management effectively.
- Good understanding of securities business and equities in particular
- Candidate needs to have a commercial mindset; a good understanding of the cost and revenue side of the business will be developed and the candidate is supposed to act as an initiative leader within the business to drive its commercial success.
- Positive, inquisitive, enthusiastic, flexible self-starter with a strong analytical mind-set and capability to work well under pressure.
- Strong system skills, Advanced Excel (essential) and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Self-motivated team player, ownership, accountability, organizational/prioritization skills, proactive, ability to multitask, independent, focus on meeting deadlines
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top