Securities, Equities, Core Franchise, Analyst/Associate, San Francisco
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Institutional Equity Sales desk specializes in the sale of equity securities both in the US and internationally. The desk's institutional account base consists of hedge funds, mutual funds, and pension funds based primarily in the US. Salespeople are responsible for managing client relationships, providing access to firm content and resources, as well as producing investable ideas with the ultimate goal of helping clients grow their business and generate excess returns.
- Support senior sales staff with daily client inquiries and provide market color
- Liaise with research analysts, traders and other internal constituents to deliver the best of GS to the client base
- Synthesize and distribute daily research content
- Participate in the development investment ideas
- Market upcoming events
- Conferences, analyst marketing, corporate roadshows
- Develop relationships with customer accounts
- 1-3 years of Previous experience in related areas, such as Equity Research, Prime Brokerage, Fixed Income Sales or Equity Sales
- Understanding of cash and derivative products
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial
- Ability to excel in face-paced, transaction oriented environment
- Interest in global financial markets & derivative instruments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal/client coverage skills
- FINRA Series 7, 63
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top