Securities, Equities, China Equity Sales, Associate, Shanghai
With the Securities Division, the China Equity Sales desk is seeking a quick thinking and highly motivated individual to focus on China Equity Markets with coverage for both foreign and local leading institutional investors.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients which include corporations, financial service providers and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges across several markets, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Based in Shanghai, this Associate role will mainly focus on clients who invest in China Equity Markets; including foreign institutional investors and selected leading local institutional investors.
- Interact with clients on market news, research comments and Goldman Sachs events on a daily basis
- Compile and summarize news flow and research
- Schedule analyst calls and company meetings
- Participate in idea generation and planning for investor events
- Work with Sales Teams both in Shanghai and across the region to improve client rankings
- Market equity financing transactions from Capital Markets group
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in China equity market sales, investment banking, investment research, institutional equity sales or research sales
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethics with willingness to learn and to excel
- Diverse background with ability to collaborate effectively with different internal functions such as Compliance
- Ability to establish win-win partnerships with sales, sales-traders, research and equity capital markets
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top