Securities - Equities Algo Coverage and Control Strategist - Analyst - Hong Kong
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets. Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Equities Algo Coverage and Controls Strat position works within the Securities Division Strats group to ensure we have appropriate controls related to Equities electronic trading activities. The role involves ownership and enhancement of the governance and controls of the bank's Electronic Trading platforms, development of robust and consistent development practices, and ensuring compliance with internal and external policies and best practices.
- Responsible for safety and completeness of algorithmic trading platform controls across the Equities Franchise.
- Interface directly with senior trading, strat, and compliance management.
- Develop and test algorithmic trading platform's control framework to ensure consistency and compliance with latest regulations.
- Ownership of developer software development lifecycle, relevant policies, procedures, and training.
- Act as a primary contact for internal and external control and regulatory inquiries, including audits and inspections.
- Good SQL experience in order to query databases to extract data
- Basic experience in any scripting or programming language
- Prior experience in a technical development or compliance role.
- Technically strong with some hands-on coding experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and thoroughness, attention to details.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with strong interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with electronic trading platforms
- Understanding of Asia regulatory environments recommended
- Quantitative skills
- Understanding of Asia Equity markets rules
- Fluency in Asian languages recommended (Japanese, Korean, Mandarin)
- Understanding of financial business functions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top