Securities, Eqs Execution Services Strats - Analyst
The Equity Execution Services Strats team works with Equities sales-trading desks to analyze and optimize our clients’ and the firm’s execution strategies across One-Delta products in the Americas. The group is responsible for the development and maintenance of a variety of pre-trade, intra-trade, and post-trade analytical tools used in the Equities cash business. These tools are used to inform pre-trade decision-making, facilitate real-time monitoring and management of order flow, and guide long-term business strategy. The team continually collects, enriches and analyzes the very large volume of data resulting from the execution of client and firm order flow. Job responsibilities also include the design and development of robust realtime solutions, as well as visualization techniques for presenting critical information in an easily accessible manner.
The Equity Execution Services Strats team is part of the Goldman Sachs’ Strats business group, which is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological solutions to analyze and solve complex business problems across the firm’s trading, banking, and investment management divisions. Strats use their mathematical, scientific and software engineering training to create financial products, analyze and advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
- Design, develop and maintain the software framework for realtime trading analytics in the Equities Division
- Be responsible for the development and deployment of certified code and new functionality into the production environment
- Coordinate the analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of system issues and analytical enquiries
- Facilitate communications between trading desks, strategists, technologists, and other teams
- Proactively create tools and automated tests to efficiently manage day-to-day tasks
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with major or minor in Computer Science or related field
- Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Hands on experience with Unix/Linux, scripting and SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid grasp of, and appreciation for, the software development life-cycle process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and work independently
- Good project and time management skills
- Interest in working in the financial industry
Preferred Qualifications•Has experience working with databases and large data sets (Big Data). Math/quantitative skills are a plus, but not as important as programming ability
- Ability to work well with others and interact with sales, sales-traders, traders, clients, and other non-technical people
- Understanding of US equities market rules and micro-structure
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in a similar role
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top