Securities Engineering - Equities Technology Mission Control Engineer
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
Mission Control is a business facing technical team that manages the quality, stability, and integrity of production environments, and are strongly aligned with our business users who are Traders, Sales Traders, and Operations personnel dealing with external client flows. This team also provides direct FIX connectivity support for external clients and owns the deployments for the EMEA Client Connectivity platform (Apollo). Additionally, this team is responsible for start of day checkouts and certifying the systems ready for business across high touch & low touch platforms.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work as part of a team of production operations specialists, as well as interact with the wider Mission Control team and a range of application development teams.
- Work in a production environment and with a high level of desk interaction.
- Work within strict control guidelines which we use to protect production environments and to maintain stability and quality control and automate manual runbooks.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3 to 7 years total experience
- Production support experience
- Incident/Problem Analysis skills
- Hands-on experience in UNIX, Database, and Scripting languages like Shell, Perl or Python.
- Automation of manual processes via scripting
- Equities, Options, and/or Futures Electronic trading
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to react calmly but quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top