Securities - EM EQ Trading - Associate - London
Application Opening Date: 30 April 2018
Application Closing Date: 27 May 2018
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The EM EQ Trading team is a multi-product Equities Trading team ranging from Cash Equities to 1-Delta Derivatives and Volatility Trading on a range of Emerging Market Indices and Single Names in the CEEMEA region. The Synthetic Product Trading Team is primarily responsible for negotiating and managing the facilitation of index and single stock synthetic transactions between various market participants. Our clients include Institutional Lenders, Hedge Funds and Internal Firm Desks.
The trading desk is looking to add an Analyst, focusing on Emerging Market Equities (EM EQ).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Risk management of Synthetic Product Trading's positions driven by Franchise activity in Index Macro and Single Stock Micro space
- Pricing of Equity synthetic products of different nature (Equity Swaps/Forwards/Futures) across the Term Structure (short and long dated) across various CEEMEA countries
- Optimisation of inventory through dividend and corporate action periods
- Pricing and trading synthetic borrow via equity derivatives
- Risk Manage the FX, Interest Rates and Equity risk of the book
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or equivalent in Finance, Economics or a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial service industry experience with exposure to trading required
- Knowledge of options, futures and other products required
- Interest and knowledge of Emerging Markets macro and micro structure required
- Experience of managing risks, delta1, hedging, derivatives, FX required
- Knowledge of asset classes including equities, FX required
- Must have strong quantitative background, analytic approach with high attention to detail
- Experience in developing strategies, developing trade ideas and presenting to clients required
- Experience of developing work methods/products/service desks required
- Proficiency in MS Office/ExCel, VBA and knowledge of Bloomberg/Reuters, Python/R required
- Proactive and high awareness of what is going on in the Markets
- Ability to multitask and quickly analyse information to make decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Must have the ability to prioritise workload in a highly pressurised environment
- Must be a team-player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top