Securities, Electronic Trading, Clients Coverage, Analyst/Associate, Tokyo
- Tokyo, Japan
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for markets who is looking to challenge themselves in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be empowered to be commercial and help drive profitability for the business through generating trade ideas and ensuring to deliver solutions for our clients.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) enables clients to execute trades directly through the Goldman Sachs (GS) trading infrastructure (rather than placing an order with a sales trader for execution by a trading desk). Direct Market Access (DMA) refers to clients placing orders on exchanges following an execution strategy they define themselves. GS also offers a suite of Algorithmic Trading strategies which clients can select to allow our algorithmic trading engine to target a specific execution benchmark on their behalf.
Roles within GSET Coverage:
The team is responsible for selling, managing and developing the electronic trading capabilities of the firm's GSET Services.
Sales - Includes sales, marketing and acquisition. We pitch the full suite of electronically tradable products, including Equities, Futures, Options and Synthetics, and discuss the DMA and algorithmic trading execution channels. We work closely with the more traditional businesses within Equities, such as Cash Sales Trading, Program Trading and Prime Brokerage in order to target DMA and Algorithmic business from existing customers as well as the outright acquisition of new customers.
Coverage - Includes both sales trading and trading functions, providing client support and trading. The team has the same relationship management responsibilities as the traditional desks and act as execution consultants covering the Algorithmic trading strategies.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Account coverage for global and domestic institutions. Develop relationships with customers.
- Work with internal members to develop our product.
- Act as execution consultants to provide real-time and strategic trading solutions to clients and internal users.
- Provide clients with trading and liquidity advice.
- Contribute to Sales campaigns and cross-selling efforts across desks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Knowledge in Equity products
- Driven and goal-oriented, focused on success
- Familiarity with Execution Management Systems, Order Routing, Algorithmic Trading and Transaction Cost Performance management.
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills
- Mathematical aptitude and skills
- Proven experience working collaboratively, improving productivity, and implementing ideas
- An interest in expanding knowledge base into Derivatives and Fixed Income products
- Financial knowledge
- Statistical analysis and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Asia, Europe or US equity market microstructure
- Managerial/project management experience a plus
- Fluency in an Asian language a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top