Securities Division, Special Situations Group (SSG), Analyst, Beijing
Special Situations Group (SSG) is a global, multi-asset class business, specializing in principal investing and lending in all levels of capital structures on a risk-adjusted return basis based on rigorous analysis and diligence. Our strategies include Specialty Lending, Private Capital Investing, Lender Finance, Alternative Energy Investing and Real Estate.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our investees, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell assets and companies and provide growth capital and strategic support to achieve their potential. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for deep investment analysis, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Special Situations Group (SSG) specializes in multi-strategy thematic investing and lending across the capital structure, including private and public equity, venture capital (VC), structured finance, renewable energy, leveraged, high yield and distressed credits, non-performing loans (NPL) and real estate, across all industries and sectors.
SSG is the primary center for Goldman Sachs' balance sheet financing and investing activity. The Group lends and invests Goldman Sachs' capital directly to and in companies of all sizes, from small, growth stage companies to large, market leaders.
Based in Beijing, the successful candidate will be a key member of our China-based SSG team, assisting with the entire deal process from investment origination, due diligence, execution to post-deal evaluation across China.
- Support and partner with senior leadership with scanning and analysis of potential public and private investment opportunities
- Perform due diligence and valuation work across industries and asset classes
- Work closely with senior members of the team in making investment decisions
- Interface with external parties, including the coordination of 3 rd party advisers and operating partners, as necessary
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in investment banking, private equity investing or management consulting
- Corporate valuation skills with regards to various types of assets, securities or instruments such as equities, loans and bonds
- Strong financial modelling (high proficiency in Excel) and accounting skills
- Bilingual fluency in both written and spoken Mandarin and English
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to requests and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and motivation with effective communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top