MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager who enjoys leading the delivery of strategic cross-divisional initiatives through agile methodologies and governance tools that ensure implementations are delivered to the client on time, on budget and of high quality. You will achieve this by collaborating with teams across the sales, engineering and processing stack to ensure solutions are designed and implemented in a true 'front to back' fashion.
- Bring Operations, Engineering and Business project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
- Understand strategic plans, business, process and architecture and use that to influence design and develop solutions
- Identify and remove impediments at program level, leveraging stakeholders, sponsorship and other relationships to do so.
- Provide transparency of progress and issues to all relevant stakeholders while leading program delivery through agile methodologies
- Work with product owner to build the strategic vision and forward looking 6-12 month roadmap and refine the backlog
- Implement and coach the team on testing best practices
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10-15 years' relevant experience, preferably in a business analysis / project / program management function
- Strong analytical and business analysis experience, including process analysis
- Project management skills including project scope definition; project issues, challenges, risks definition; status reporting; User Acceptance Test execution
- A proven track record of scoping and driving delivery of projects. Has delivered results in a cross functional team setting, on time and to budget
- Extensive leadership experience demonstrated through empowerment, situational awareness, increasing transparency and conflict resolution on a large-scale Agile program
- Familiarity with non-Scrum flavors of Agile (Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Must be hands-on, able and willing to work with teams while coaching them to reach efficient and effective performance levels
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control
- Use facilitation skills to lead data gathering, analysis and design efforts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker able to identify cross functional issues, provide innovative solutions, and communicate the implications of solutions across existing processes, systems and teams, e.g. costs, risk, service
- Knowledge of products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in technology strategy or in a client service or business function and / or management consulting
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures
- 3 years of hands-on Agile program leadership experience in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.),
- Experience developing products using customer and design-centric practices
- Knowledge of automated testing tools and frameworks, Agile Testing practices
- Experience on tools like JIRA and JIRA Portfolio
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity