Securities Division Operations - Collateral Management Operations - Analyst - Salt Lake City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Collateral Management, part of Margin, Valuations & Pricing Operations sits within the Goldman Sachs Liquidity Collateral & Optimization organization. A global, multi-faceted and cross product function, the primary objective of the department is the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios. Collateral Management is currently 100 staff strong in globally, with regions in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Bangalore and Singapore working closely together.
The team has a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, Equity, Interest Rates, Repo, Insurance/Pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative & security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
An Analyst within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the performance of a number of operational processes. Analyst will be expected to perform these functions as well as demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach, highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements. In addition, the analyst will be expected to provide a high level of service to their clients.
The role will involves close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Risk Management and other Operations Departments. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
We promote cross training and ensure our Analyst develop a broad level of understanding across the varied departmental functions carried out. You can expect to be given early responsibilities and in return you will be expected to contribute your own ideas to make a difference and add value to the group.
Daily tasks include, but are not limited to
- Daily monitoring of client portfolios, issuing & receiving collateral calls to ensure the firm's credit risk is mitigated
- Extensive interaction with Clients
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
- New client on-boarding
- Liaison with internal groups (Credit, Sales, Trading, Middle office, Legal, Front Office, Settlements, and Corporate Treasury) to resolve collateral issue
- Reconciliation of portfolios
- Collateral Optimization
- Monthly Interest and coupon settlement
- Problem and break resolution
- Performing a number of control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes.
- In addition to their core responsibilities, Analyst are also expected and encouraged to be involved with a number of projects
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems and challenge processes; be willing to dig into the detail to resolve issues
- Some experience of portfolio reconciliations and processing of margin calls would be desirable
- Flexible to manage differing challenges and ever-increasing complex nature of transactions
- Confidence to interact with external clients
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment. Team oriented approach to sharing workload and leverage skill sets
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day are essential
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to keep track of a large and varied workload
- Familiarity with/ability to learn Excel macros and other functions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top