Securities Division Operations, Business Intelligence, Vice President, Singapore
WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms in the world. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and upholding our core values, which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the globe. Alongside this integral service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Behind every trade executed, every new product launched, every market entered, and every transaction completed is an Operations team that develops the foundational processes and controls that make our business flow.
A successful candidate would be establishing a Centre of Excellence for Innovation in Singapore including responsibility for the hiring program and leading the automation and innovation strategy. Through deploying the strategy, they will utilize their skills in machine learning, statistics, data science, process re-engineering, and/or programming to help leverage big data analytics to solve impactful business questions. The role would include collaborating with other groups across the federation, business and globe, with the opportunity to work cross-function and cross-business.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
This role provides a unique opportunity to build an lead the Centre of Excellence, a team that will have a significant impact on the operating model of the region going forward. Through this, the role will provide exposure to senior stakeholders, offering excellent opportunities for career development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and an ability to develop relationships with stakeholders
- Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Understand complex situations and communicate with senior leadership 'in the moment,' offering opinions and solutions
- Listen well and be receptive to others' ideas and suggestions, encouraging open and collaborative dialogue among team members
Functional & Technical Expertise
- Invest time in learning about the markets and products as well as the wider Securities Div Operations
- Create and maintain ETL processes using a vast array of tools
- Daily Use of various Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Alteryx, MS-BI Stack, Qlik, Elastic Search, etc)
- Regular Use of various Business Intelligence standard languages (SQL, R, C#, Java, Python, VBA, etc)
- Exhibit ability to multi-task and prioritize to deliver accurate and timely work in a time pressured environment
- Possess superior organization skills with regards to project updates and delivery
- Clearly articulate business issues and propose practical solutions
- Contribute to the execution of team deliverables and organization's strategy
- Proven track record of taking initiative and implementing innovative solutions
- Develop good working knowledge of available technology capabilities and how and where to deploy them
- Enhance the control environment through business intelligence-related initiatives to increase scalability, adapt to regulatory changes and deliver creative solutions to clients
- Understanding of Business Process Re-Engineering and how to apply to current workflows and procedures
- Identify client needs and appropriately work to understand the foundations of great client experience, while leveraging available internal tools to provide the best service possible
- Establish, cultivate and leverage relationships to identify and execute on process enhancements
- Pay strong attention to detail and develop awareness of reputational risk and accountability
- Articulate operational and risk impacts related to a specific task or procedure
- Apply root cause analysis to identify opportunities for process improvements or work prioritization
Management, Leadership & Culture
- Play an active role in GS citizenship activities
- Respond to and action ongoing feedback on a timely basis
- Share Ideas on how the Target Operating Model can be efficiently implemented and executed upon
- Maintain awareness of and act in accordance with team goals and firm policies
- Proven experience with developing and managing a deliverable; strong project management skills a plus
- Understands the broker dealer environment and the key associated market risks
- Prior experience in a global market or another securities-related function
- Ability to work within a high-risk environment and meet challenging deadlines and targets
- Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Statistics
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong Database development skills, including PL/SQL, good knowledge of the relational model
- Experience exploring Business Intelligence Database Infrastructure a plus (SQL Server, MongoDB, Data Lake)
- Experience in any of Business Objects and Data Visualization such as Tableau
- Development skills with one or more OO programming languages, such as: Java, C#
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top