Securities Division, Mortgages: Residential Structured Finance, Analyst, New York
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Residential Structured Finance business originates and executes a variety of residential mortgage transactions, such as asset backed securitizations on behalf of clients as well as Goldman Sachs, advisory assignments, warehouse and term financings, and principal transactions. Activity covers spectrum of residential mortgage products including: agency/non-agency new originations, non-performing/re-performing loans, investor loans, single family rental, manufactured housing, second liens, HELOCs, and mortgage servicing rights. The role will involve the structuring of securitizations which are broadly marketed and sold to institutional investors, working with the trading and financing desks on the origination of positions to be either temporarily warehoused or held indefinitely on the firm's balance sheet as principal investments, and collaborating with Investment Banking on sourcing, client management, and advisory assignments. Analysts develop outstanding modeling, analytical, transaction execution, client relationship and new business generation skills.
Scope of Role
- Active client engagement including sourcing new opportunities, execution of live deals, and managing client relationships. The candidate would work closely with company management teams, other parts of the Securities Division, Investment Banking professionals, legal, regulatory compliance, and internal diligence teams along with other parts of the firm
- Perform due diligence on securitization and investment opportunities, which includes market research, on-site evaluation, analytical risk-based modeling and asset valuation work, and assessment of legal, regulatory compliance and other risks. Review and negotiate underlying deal documentation and conduct transaction structuring
- Marketing and distribution of asset-backed securitizations including engaging with institutional investors and managing rating agency process
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience
- Good presentation / communication skills with ability to effectively interact with groups across divisions (e.g., traders, sales, classic bankers) as well as with clients
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities
- Solid work ethic and high level of motivation
- Ability to drive projects and initiatives - a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and desks across the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top