Securities Division, Mortgage Trading: Structured Finance
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Business mandate includes structuring and distributing asset-backed securitizations, as well as sourcing, structuring / originating, and executing warehouse loans. Lending and securitization activity falls within the following asset classes: residential mortgages (agency and non-agency), single family rental, transitional bridge lending and related asset classes. The role will involve both working with the trading desk on the origination of positions to be held as principal investments on the firm's balance sheet, as well as the structuring of securitizations which are broadly marketed and sold to institutional investors.
Scope of Role
- Active client engagement on an ongoing basis including sourcing new opportunities, execution of live deals, and managing existing client relationships. The candidate would work closely with company management teams, Investment Banking & Securities Division professionals, legal & regulatory compliance professionals, and internal diligence teams.
- Perform due diligence on investment and securitization opportunities, which includes market research, on-site evaluation, analytical risk-based modeling and asset valuation work, and assessment of legal and regulatory compliance risks. Review and negotiate underlying deal documentation and conduct transaction structuring.
- Marketing and distribution of asset-backed securitizations including engaging with institutional investors and managing rating agency process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Commercial and analytical with an understanding of financial / capital markets
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation
- Ability to drive projects and initiatives – a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and desks across the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top